Sunday 29 May 2011

H*A*R*D Hellbombs are the best!!

Tonights training with H*A*R*D was so great!

With the last league I coached, if anyone said "Sorry" they got 10 pushups. After a story my Wifey told me about some training she had undertaken, tonight I added in the "fun" that if anyone said "Sorry" EVERYONE got 10 pushups and got to thank the person who said sorry hehehe Next time I think I might add "Can't" into the list!

The laps these skaters are recording week by week are just phenominal - we do a times endurance and they are responsible for counting their own laps, and they are pulling up some pretty impressive numbers week after week!

Our current Corporals and Sergeants are such great role models for our Privates - always ready to lend a helping hand and a friendly push in the right direction, watching them all work together is a wonderful sight!

I'm definently glad I upgraded our skills assesments - the skills these skaters are learning, and mastering are holding them in very good stead! All our Privates (aka Freshies) are working to the bone leading up to their Cororal Assesments and are doing everyone so proud!

Tonight I gave them their very first pop quiz! I am totally thrilled at the results and how much knowledge these Hellbombs have just absorbed through general conversation! I definently give them a big big pat on the back! Hipcheck to come later when they are trained up a bit more ;)

I can't speak highly enough of my Hellbombs - be they blockers in the makin, jammers to be or part of Team Stripey, these people are turning into some of the best league mates anyone could every hope for!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment