Sunday 29 May 2011

Derby families are Da' Bomb!

Not sure what I would do in this life without the folks I call my Derby family!

Our regular Saturday morn social skate at the rink was a blast. The usual suspects were there, plus a few others which was fun! They were all geared up, so I had a great time darting and carving between them as well as giving Sylv and Ness a few light taps! 2 Privates who are joining up at our next recruitment night were there and are getting so good so quickly! I cannot wait until they can start training properly!

Derby Dolls birthday celebrations on Saturday night resulted in laughing so much my abs hurt more then doing 10 mins of planks. I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun with a beautful group of women! There were definently some faces missing that night and I wish they could of been there to share it with us!

Also, I have the best Derby Wife ever! She performs her duties perfectly! She knows just how to talk me off the ledge and how to make me laugh again when she knows I've got the Meh! .. I needed her tonight at training, and without a word she knew it and was on to fixing me without so much as a request <3 She never gets upset at me (well that she tells me lol) and has so much paitence for me - I just hope I can return the wifey duties when needed!

Even though I had a frack of a time getting to training tonight, once the wife had worked her magic I had a great time! The 100 lap/20 min endurance was amazing to watch! I was doing my endurance in the outside ref track encouraging our Privates to race me (they were skating on the track) and they did so well! So happy with everyones improvements and I really hope they are too! We've got some great skaters coming up through the ranks and I'm excited for their upcoming assessment! But I tell ya, 20 mins in that outside ref track trying to keep up with skaters zooming around the track sure works up a sweat!

A HUGE thankyou to my amazing Trainee Coach who has to work her mojo without me there tonight - BloodRed Penny, I hope they worked their butts off for you tonight!

I love advanced hour! Getting my Corporals, Sergeants and Lieutenants into carving and pushing and hitting is so much fun! I love being the Hittee, I gotta admit lol Got some amazing Corporals/Sergeants who I cant wait to assess for their next rank who did some amazing work tonight!  Keep an eye out for FiFi BoxHer (one hell of a jammer in the making), Dislow Kate and The Hurt BlockHer (who both packed a mean hipcheck tonight!) - they are going to make amazing Derby players once I can let them loose on the track!

Our newest Lieutenant, Matron of Pain, has recently transfered from Sydney Roller Derby League (SRDL) and it's been such a treat! Having another Lieutenant I can train against on the track has been great for me and for the other girls!

I'm still on such a training high - full of Derby <3

For all our members who are sick or busy with Uni or work - we miss you!

Squeaks - I love you <3
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment