Sunday 29 May 2011

25 Random and not so interesting facts about me!

1. I love Roller Derby - not so much a random fact that you didn't know about me because my entire life revolves around Roller Derby.

2. I've been involved in founding 2 leagues in NSW. I founded WSR with the help of a girl from SRDL and one from ADRD and it was the best thing I've ever done in my life. What I built and accomplished in and for that league in the 2.5yrs I was there I could not be prouder of. Co-Founding H.A.R.D has made me fall in love all over again - and I cannot imagine my life without the beautiful friends I have in that league!

3. I got into Roller Derby because of my 9yr old daughter. I used to take her and my step son (who was 12 at the time) to the skate park to ride their scooters. But she got bored of the boys quickly enough (clever girl) and would sit in the car and read while I did my crochet or slept. I asked her one day if she would like roller skates cause we saw them in Rebel - so I bought her a pair. I got frustrated trying to teach her, so I bought myself a pair and showed her instead! Good ol' starfires just didnt cut it for me, so I went searching for roller skates online and came across, not only a local roller rink, but Roller Derby in sydney! I started chatting to the founder of SRDL and she helped me find some skates online and start up my first derby league :)

4. I sold the first pair of derby skates I bought, and they have been sold to 4 other ppl in the same league - sisterhood of the travelling skates :) I'm skating on skates I bought 2nd hand from the founder of SRDL and I LOVE them!

5. Im allergic to anything with fur. But I snuggle with my bunnies every chance I get - zertec is my friend :)

6. I have both my nipples pierced.

7. I never wanted to get married or have kids as a teen. But I spent most of my childhood and teen years being a babysitter. I have now been married for 14yrs, have 3 kids and also a Derby Wife!

8. I used to babysit for our neighbours who were in a rock band. I was in love with the bass player cause he had the most gorgeous long hair and reminded me of Chris Cornell.

9. I can do Rock'n'Roll and Rockabilly dancing - and Im pretty shmick at em :)

10. I can play guitar and am totally in love with my Cherry red fender whom I call Bettie. I also have an accoustic named Johnny.

11. Im obsessed with Cherries (of the non food variety). You wanna buy me something with Cherries, go for it :)

12. I dislike eating cherries.

13. In high school I did water polo, diving, 10 pin bowling, dance/ballet, softball, baseball, netball, tennis, soccer, sung in a band, choir - not sure how I had time to do school work. I was classed as a "cool nerd".. I did all the cool things, but also studiedbiology, mandrin and computing with a passion - used to weird ppl out a little. I was never part of a "group" I just used to float cause I liked hanging out with everyone.

14. If I couldn't play derby anymore I would still coach, its what I love most about the sport.

15. My sister and I have a strange relationship. I love her, but I hate her at times too. I know I piss her off and she does me too - but when we need one another there is no doubt that any fight we're going through is thrown to the wind and we would rush to one anothers side.

16. Ive live birthed 2 children. Drug free. My first I was in active labour for 2 weeks - ouch. Second one was only 2 hours - much better!

17. I love to crochet and do cross stitch - im such a nanna!

18. I wanted to join the army - still do, but cant.

19. I wanted to be a motorcycle mechanic my whole life. Still would if I could.

20.  I have Rhuematoid Arthritis throughout my entire body and use a walking stick on a regular basis. I'm stubborn enough to not let it stop me from living and use it quite often when I'm coaching my league "If my fat cripple arse can do it, so can yrs!" hehehe

21. I'm a really shy person and find it difficult to talk in front of large groups of ppl. I often have panic attacks on the way to coaching any derby league, even my own.

22. When I put my skates on, I feel like a different person. I swear I've got multiple personalities - anyone who knows me well would probably agree.

23. I have an obsession with leopard print.

24. I saw the best number plate on a car the other day - seriously, it was the best. it was "ODRIEW"

25. I would love to own a jeep.

1 comment: