Thursday 2 June 2011

The year of new things...

31 ... that's how old I am. To some it may seem ancient, to some I may still be considered a 'spring chicken'. To me, I feel about half way there.. while I'm comfortable in my own skin, mentally I'm totally still in my late teens/early 20s  - but I just put that down to the fact that I was such a young mum who stayed home to raise her children and is finally being unleashed on the world.

I've started taking my methotrexate again for my arthritis and I'm feeling pretty f'ing terrific physically. I still don't have full movement in my wrist and cant weight bare on it terribly well, which sucks cause I miss doing real pushups! But I'm feeling the urge to start boxing again.. I miss the amount of exercise I used to do, I miss the sweating and the next day hurtz and the burn... i know crazy, but I've not felt this great physically in over a decade! I'm thinking that the 40kgs I've lost playing derby has helped with that as well ;)

While Roller Derby training is great, gives me a real high - its not enough, I want more, I crave more!

So 2011 is going to be my year of 'new'.. So far it's seen me with a new League, some wonderful new friends, currently looking for a wonderful new job and I'm looking for something new exercise wise - which may lead to a new body!

Last night I pulled out my skipping rope, dusted off the boxing gloves and found my hand wraps - and I'm actually looking forward to my first session alone in the garage with my music and my boxing bag..

I've also found this website through someone elses post on FB http://www.bodyrock.tv/ .. I've spent hours readying through it and watching it. Amazing! Im not sure how I will go trying to adjust certain things for my wrists and getting certain pieces of equipment as time goes on - but it's got me excited to try it, which it good :) I miss the gym, but I dont have a rich lover or a full time nanny for me to be able to work that into my life - so here is to Bodyrock!

ewwww.. you know what comes with this sort of thing? Dang.. weigh ins, measurements and before photos! Urgh!!!! hehehe..

Note to all my readers - prolly best NOT to read this before, during or just after eating from now on!

Love! <3

1 comment:

  1. I love boxing Kelly ... and even more before and after photos.
    xxx
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete